- Cultural Venues
- Cultural Calendar
- Cultural Office
- Außenansicht St. Elisabeth-Kirche mit Villa Elisabeth
- Hydra's Traces von LOSE COMBO mit dem Trio Nexus, St. Elisabeth, 2008
- Dinner von Sarah Wiener, St. Elisabeth, 2009
- Charity Dinner für das Operndorf von Christoph Schlingensief
- Performance von Hwan-Hee Hwang und Bob Rutman, St. Elisabeth 2013
- Tanzperformance von Colette Sadler, St. Elisabeth 2013
- Dach der St. Elisabeth-Kirche
- einS von Canan Erek und Marc André, St. Elisabeth 2010 (Foto: Monika Rittershaus)
- Schulpreisverleihung durch Bundeskanzlerin Angela Merkel, St. Elisabeth 2011
- Trauung, St. Elisabeth 2010
- Modeevent von Dorothee Schumacher, St. Elisabeth, 2014
- À l'enseigne des vrais chiens - Installation von Jean-Michel Bruyère, St. Elisabeth 2007
- Visualisierung St. Elisabeth mit neuem Apsisturm (Baujahr 2014/15)
- Visulisierung Orgelempore (Baujahr 2011-15)
- Festival im REDDRESS, St. Elisabeth, 2008
The St. Elisabeth Church is a place where history is palpable. Its large hall provides an open space for artists and artistic uses of various kinds, right in the city center. It is a place of artistic exploration, of improvisation, concentration and of dialogue between Culture and the Church.
Our focus lies primarily in Early Music and Contemporary Classical Music, as well as in contemporary musical, spoken or dance theater, and art, especially in regards to experimental as well as interdisciplinary and multimedia projects. The Church’s park grounds, also a historical monument and a verdant gem in Berlin-Mitte, offer the visitor a place for rest and reflection.
History of the Church
In 1835, the Rosenthaler suburb was granted, for the “moral elevation of conditions” there, its own church, which was built in the “antique style” by Architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel by order of King Wilhelm III (1770-1840). The church, renovated in 1935 for the centenary, burned to the ground in 1945. Remaining in a state of ruin for almost 50 years, the St. Elisabeth Church was finally secured in 1991 and has been restored since 1999 with funds from the German Foundation for Monument Protection, the Provincial Monuments Office, the Urban Heritage Program and private donations.
Rooms and Capacity
The Church Hall (315 m²), with two sacristies in the front of the hall, both on the left and the right (20 and 29 m² respectively), an entrance hall (30 m²) with two restrooms, a gallery (for technical equipment, access exclusively for team members), and a wheelchair ramp to the right of the main entrance. The church has no heating, though external heating is available. Additional restrooms as well as rooms (e.g. dressing rooms for artists or catering, back office, etc.) are available in the Villa Elisabeth next door.
Maximum capacity: 350 people seated or 400 people standing, banquet seating can accommodate ca. 200 people. No parking on the premises, however loading zones are available.
Various three-phase current connections (16+32A), with a maximum of 100 amperes. House lighting, stage lighting (basic equipment plus event equipment and inventory of the Villa Elisabeth, if available). Inventory list and seating plans are available on our website.
For artistic events a house bar in the foyer of the Villa or in front of the Church is available. In the case of rentals, we gladly offer a custom bid upon request. There is, however, no obligation to use our catering or technical partners.
As of 10 pm, a law regarding neighborhood noise reduction is in effect. Between 10 pm and 8 am deliveries, as well as any driving on the premises are prohibited. Smoking is prohibited in all of the buildings. Candles are permitted only in fireproof vessels containing sand or water.