- Cultural Venues
- Cultural Calendar
- Cultural Office
- Probe Sasha Waltz & Guests, Villa Elisabeth, 2003
- Oratorio-Konzert der Sing-Akademie zu Berlin, 2020
- Konzert Akamus und DoubleBeats, St. Elisabeth-Kirche, 2019 © Kultur Büro Elisabeth
- Speakers Swinging – Konzertperformance von Gordon Monaham, 2014 © Rita Richter
- Festive Female Voice of Iran, Villa Elisabeth, 2018 © Yuliya Boyd
- Feral Note Album Release Konzert, St. Elisabeth, 2018 © Kultur Büro Elisabeth
- Performance Deepspace James Batchelor, Tanz im August, St. Elisabeth, 2019 © Kultur Büro Elisabeth
- Konzert Akademie für Alte Musik, Villa Elisabeth, 2020 © Akamus
Selection of cultural projects
The venues and spaces organized and rented by the Kultur Büro Elisabeth are ideal for the realization of the most diverse cultural projects, making the interest in them great. The Kultur Büro receives ever larger numbers of project proposals. The spectrum of genres (Exhibitions, Concerts, Dance and Theater Pieces, Readings), is as broad as the producers, who range from renowned partners and cultural institutions to self-represented artists. The Kultur Büro Elisabeth is not a producer with financial support. It supports itself solely through income from rentals and events. In addition, all building maintenance, administrative and personnel costs must also be drawn from these sources. Through a flexible pricing policy (i.e. possibility of rent subsidies), the Kultur Büro Elisabeth makes an effort to welcome projects with funding de deficits or those worthy of support. Decisions regarding the selection of projects are met at monthly meetings of the Cultural Committee, which is constituted by culturally engaged members of the Congregation.
To be considered by the Cultural Committee, a concept must contain the following:
• Idea/Description of the project, preferably accompanied by visual material (for example: catalogs and CDs)
• Context/Connection to the site (for example: connection to architecture, history or use)
• Finance plan
• List of planned partners (for example: integration in a festival)
• Details for press and publicity
The selection of cultural events is based upon the following criteria:
1. Can a high level of quality and originality be expected from the artist conceiving of and carrying out this project?
2. Is this project appropriate for the site? Does it take the architecture, history or use of the buildings into consideration with regard to the project’s content and aesthetic?
3. Is the producer or renter capable of a professional level of event organization (including press and publicity)?
4. Will an effort be made to fill the space not only with art, but also with an audience?
5. Is the event’s mediation or educational programming worthy of funding? (for example: projects involving cultural education for children and youth?)
6. Is the producer capable of raising the funds to cover not only the rental of the space (with the exception of projects receiving rent subsidies), but also the costs incurred by the event on the buildings and Kultur Büro?
Upon acceptance of the project proposal, the Kultur Büro Elisabeth advises for further planning, suggests contacts when needed (for example, to technicians) and supports in the realization of the project, including work with the press and marketing (newsletter, homepage, presslists). In addition, the Kultur Büro provides support in the form of helpers and services onsite (sale of beverages, evening reception, cashier, exhibition guard, etc.).
The Kultur Büro takes care of its connections and relations with artists and cultural producers, and out of this network new interesting project ideas emerge, again and again.